One of the best things about banking with Bank of Alameda is that you don't have to trade technology for service - we offer the best of both. Convenient solutions like Online Banking, Text Alerts and eStatements give you access to your accounts any where, any time.
Bank of Alameda's free Online Banking is the best way to navigate your finances 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With Online Banking, you have access to these features:
- View real-time balances
- Transfer funds between accounts instantly
- View up to 18 months of transaction activity
- Sort your account transactions by date, amount, payee, and/or check number
- View, save or print account statements
- Download statement information into your accounting software including Intuit QuickBooks®, Quicken® or a comma-separated file (CSV)
- Place stop payments on checks
- Set up text or email alerts to notify you of specific transaction activity
- Pay bills through Personal CheckFree® Bill Payment
What do I need to have on my computer to get Online Banking?
In order to experience the full functionality of this site you MUST be using Netscape 4.0 or higher or Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher with 128-bit encryption. Older versions of these browsers may be incompatible with the Online Banking system. To download the newest version of these browsers visit the Netscape Download Site or the MS Internet Explorer Download Site. For best results, run Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9 in compatibility mode.
Text and eMail Alerts
Our Online Banking product includes Online Messenger – a simple, straightforward way to set up email or text alerts based on transaction activity. There is no bank fee for this service, however your cell phone provider may impose a fee for incoming text messages or data usage.
Instructions for setting up eMail or text alerts in Online Banking
- Click on the number of unread messages in the welcome message on your Online Banking home page
- Click on the desired alert catagory:
Notifications are produced based on a balance threshold you determine.
Notifications are produced when certain debit activity occurs on your account (ie: POS debits, automatic payments, checks)
Notifications are produced when certain deposit activity occurs on your account (ie: Direct Deposits, regular in-branch deposits)
Overdraft Protection Notices:
Notifications are produced when transfers occur from a line of credit or savings account to cover an overdraft
Notification of deposited interest or CD maturity
- Click the "Setup New Alert" link
- The catagory will pre-fill. Select the alert type from the dropdown and click "Next"
- Complete the sentence to clarify the parameters of your alert
- Select eMail from the "send to" options and enter your email address. To receive the alert via text message, select eMail and enter your 10 digit mobile number @ your carrier's text extension (email@example.com). Message and data rates may apply.
Here are some commonly used carrier extensions:
eStatements are the best way to receive your account statements. Not only can you receive automatic discounts on your account's monthly service charges by enrolling in eStatements, but you also help the environment by reducing paper usage and waste.
When you enroll in eStatements, you will receive a monthly email notifying you that your statement is available online. Then log in to your secure Online Banking account and view, save or print your account statement. Statements are available online for 18 months and any statement beyond that period can be retrieved by
You may be prompted to enroll in eStatements for all eligible accounts when you log in to Online Banking. To manually enroll your accounts in eStatements, please go to the Options tab in Online Banking, and scroll down to the eStatements section. If this option is not available to you, please contact us.